Responsible for development of commercial software tools and supporting embedded software solutions;
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
(include the following, other duties may be assigned)
High level programming and related technical skills, ingenuity and creativity, logical approach to problem-solving, analytical capabilities, ability to work under pressure, attention to detail, tenacity and patience, communication skills - including the ability to convey information to non-technical colleagues in a concise and understandable way, an understanding of business processes and constraints, independent and motivated individual required for -
- Making computers perform specific tasks, based on client's specifications;
- Translating software requirements into workable programming code and maintain and develop programs for use in business;
- Writing specifications and designing, building, testing, implementing and sometimes supporting applications using programming languages and development tools;
- Working on generic products or for individual clients providing bespoke solutions-
- establishing a detailed program specification through discussion with clients;
- clarifying what actions the program is intended to perform;
- breaking down program specification into its simplest elements and translating this logic into a programming language;
- devising possible solutions to anticipated problems;
- working as part of a team, which may be established purely for a particular project, to write a specific section of the program;
- combining all elements of the program design and testing it;
- testing sample data-sets to check that output from the program works as intended;
- conducting testing and installing the program into production;
- reacting to problems and correcting the program as necessary;
- evaluating and increasing the program's effectiveness;
- adapting the program to new requirements, as necessary;
- conducting user acceptance testing to ensure the program can be used easily, quickly and accurately;
- writing detailed documentation for the operation of the program by users and computer operators;
- consulting manuals, periodicals and technical reports to learn new ways to develop programs and maintain existing skills and knowledge;
- updating, repairing, modifying and developing existing software and generic applications.
BS or greater in Computer Science/related discipline.
- Java (C/C++, Ada considered an advantage),
- Windows, UNIX and Linux,
If you would like to apply, email us at email@example.com and let us know how you believe you can make a difference (please do not forget to include your CV/Resume).
BUGSENG is an equal opportunities employer.