The MISRA-C + HIS Metrics package is a combination of two of the many applications that run on top of ECLAIR. This particular offer combines:
- a state-of-the-art static analyzer suitable for execution on the developer’s desktop that automatizes, almost completely, the check of conformance with respect to MISRA-C;
- a precise and flexible implementation of the source code metrics defined by HIS.
- Proper coverage of MISRA-C:2012, not just MISRA-C:2004 in disguise: many rules are radically different and require different checkers.
- The highest coverage of MISRA-C available on the market.
- No time wasted in writing compiler personality files (often of questionable correctness).
- Automatic production of accurate, and faithful compliance matrices.
- Real-time use from within most popular IDEs or batch use with reports stored in a database for later processing.
- Guideline violation and metric reports available to the management and to the entire development team using web-based technology.
- Powerful mechanisms of differential reporting allow correlating changes in the code and the appearance/disappearance of violations (with possible interfaces to issue-tracking systems).
- No stress: free consultancy services for the initial configuration. This includes full assistance to help your company make the transition to the MISRA-C + HIS Metrics Package.
MISRA-C is a mature, well-understood software development C subset developed by MISRA for the motor industry, which is now a de facto standard for safety-, life-, and mission-critical embedded applications in many industries including aerospace, railway, medical, telecommunications and others.
Coverage and Precision
The MISRA-C + HIS Metrics Package offers the most extensive MISRA-C coverage available on the market.
Guidelines are enforced using very general and accurate checkers, which operate on the precise sequences of tokens and abstract syntax trees that are manipulated by the compiler. Coupled with the fact that ECLAIR always checks each guideline in the appropriate context (at the token, declaration, translation unit, whole program or whole system level), this makes sure that the checkers for decidable rules are exact (neither false positives nor false negatives).
ECLAIR can be configured to automatically produce compliance matrices required to meet contractual obligations and industrial standards such as ISO 26262. The compliance matrix is obtained from the actual configuration, which, if properly done, will contain the reason for each deviation. Thus, carrying its rationale, any deviation goes straight from the configuration to the matrix.
HIS Source Code Metrics
The HIS Software Test Working Group, specified a set of metrics to be used in the evaluation of software. These metrics measure the quality of software in terms of complexity, testability, readability, maintainability and so forth, and the quality of the software development process.
ECLAIR’s MISRA-C + HIS Metrics Package provides very precise and flexible coverage for all the HIS metrics, namely: Si, Schange, Sdel, Snew, COMF, PATH, GOTO, v(G), CALLING, CALLS, PARAM, STMT, LEVEL, RETURN, VOCF, NOMV, NOMVP and ap_cg_cycle.